Important Instructions for Admission
- Admission will be made as per rules/instructions of Punjabi University, Patiala.
- Each Candidate shall fill up the admission form neatly in his/her own handwriting for admission to different programs offered by the college and shall submit the form in the college office.
- The following documents are to be attached with the admission form:
a) Two copies of latest passport size coloured photographs with light background at specified places.
b) Attested photocopies of following certificates:
i) Matriculation certificate.
ii) Detailed marks card of qualifying examination.
iii) Character certificate from the Principal of the Institution/College last attended.
iv) If there is a gap in studies, self attested certificate of gap year.
- No-objection certificate from the employer in case the candidate is in service.
- Students will fill admission form and register themselves with the college before commencement of each semester. Without this, no student will be permitted to attend classes.
- Passed out students are advised to seek refund of the college security within one year from the declaration of the result of final semester/year failing which the security amount will be forfeited and no refund will be permitted.
- Fees will be refunded as per University/Management/ UGC/ Govt. rules.
- A student can opt for Elementary Punjabi under following conditions:
- i) Those whose mother tongue is not Punjabi and who have not taken up the subject of Punjabi in the lower examination viz: Matric and 10+2 etc.
- ii) Students from States other than Punjab, Defence Personnel, Govt. and Semi-Govt. Servants and the children/wards of such employees as they have stayed outside Punjab for at least ten years immediately
v) Migration certificate from previous University/ Board other than Punjab Board or Punjabi University, Patiala.
vi) Reserved category/Sub category certificate from the competent authority.
before the admission.
iii) Children of NRI and Foreign students.
- iv) In case of such other candidates where the Vice-Chancellor feels expedient, he may have the opinion of the Foreign Student Advisor.
- An eligibility certificate is required for the candidates, passing her/her qualifying exam from any board other than Punjab, Haryana and Himachal.
A student is eligible for the University Examination only if the following two conditions are fulfilled :
- He/She must have attended minimum of 75% of lectures delivered in each paper. However, the shortage of lectures in respect of students representing the college in sports events/cultural activities can be condoned up to 10% by the Principal.
- He/She should have appeared and passed the house examination as per the University rules.
- The Principal shall have the right to reject the claim of any student seeking admission without giving a reason.
- Regular attendance shall be compulsory during the first week of the session. Absentees will lose their seats and
the fee & funds paid by them shall be forfeited, such vacant seats shall be offered to the next candidate in the order of merit.
- Admission Committee’s decision regarding the merit of the student shall be final. The committee may refuse admission to any candidate.
- Ragging in any form in strictly prohibited. It is cognizable offence as per the directions of the Hon’ble Supreme Court. In case of any problem, the students are advised to contact any member of Anti Ragging cell/Principal.
- First semester students will required to register with the Institute and pay the fee before the last date given by the University failing which, the admission will be cancelled. Students of odd/even semester (Except 1st Semester) will be required to register with the college and deposit fee at the commencement of the session during the dates notified. After the notified dates, the fee will be accepted with Rs. 100/- per day as late fee fine for the next seven days and Rs. 200/- late fee fine per day for further seven days.
- Students, who are not permitted to appear in semester examination due to shortage of attendance, will be
required to register for course/courses in the corresponding subsequent semester by paying tuition fee
and other charges as fixed by the college.
- The Principal will have the right to cancel admission of any student on disciplinary grounds during the course at any time.
- Admission obtained on the basis of misstatement or fake documents or hiding of material information can lead to rustication from the college.
- Carrying of lethal weapons like gun, revolver or other sharp edged weapons is strictly prohibited in the college.
- Drinking, smoking and drugs are strictly prohibited in college.
- Use of mobiles phones inside the college campus is not permitted. Fine of Rs. 200/- will be imposed if any student is found using mobile phone in the campus.
- Any student who is found absent from the class without prior permission will be imposed a fine or Rs. 2/- per period and Rs. 10/- for the whole day. Names of students who remain absent continuously for ten days without prior permission will be struck off from the college rolls.
- Girls students of the college can leave the college after the 12 Noon only. However, if any of the girls wants to leave early, she should submit her application, to the concerned head of the department.
- Parents/Guardians are advised to attend parent-teacher meetings regularly to get information about attendance and performance of their wards.
- Discipline and Dress code: All students must be decently dressed in the college. Boys must come in trousers and shirts tucked in, wearing of patka, caps and goggles are not permitted in the college campus. For Sikh boys wearing of turban is compulsory.
- A student will be punished, rusticated or expelled from the college, if he/she directly or indirectly takes part or induces others to do so in any movement or agitation in the college for any reason, whatsoever, which in the opinion of the Principal is subversive of the college discipline.
Dress code will be enforced for two days of the week and it will be compulsory for all organized academic and cultural activities of the Institute. If a student fails to follow the dress code, he/she will be fined Rs. 100/- and debarred from the activities.
- Every student can get three books issued at a time for 14 days.
- Students will have to pay a fine of Rs. 2/- per book per day if not deposited at the proper time.
- Magazines and reference books which have pictures/maps are not allowed to be taken out of the library
without Principal’s Permission.
- Librarian has the right to demand the books back under urgency.
- Damaged or lost books have to be replaced or double amount will have to be paid. If the lost book is the part of a whole set, then the double price of whole of the set will have to be deposited.
- Students cannot lend the book to any other student.
- Once issued, the same book will not be issued to the same student if someone else needs it.
- If identity card is lost, student can get a duplicate card only if F.I.R. is shown and a fine of Rs. 50% will be charged.
RULES OF PARKING
- Parking is not allowed without token, if any student does not take token, he/she will be himself/herself responsible for any loss.
- Token has to be returned while leaving the college.
- A fine of Rs. 50/- in case of loss of token will be charged.
- Students are not allowed to bring car/jeep or any four wheelers in the campus, only two wheelers are allowed.